This step will have you register and setup your blog within a few minutes. A Small Orange offers instant account setup so regardless of the time (4am or 4pm) you’ll be able to setup your site within 5 minutes. Simply follow the steps below and you can contact me with any issues.
1. Visit A Small Orange and use our discount code, ‘TheBlogCreator’ to get a 15% discount on the ‘Small Plan’
The price will be $3.54 per month ($42.50/year) and includes a free domain name (worth $15) so your hosting is actually less than $2.30 per month!!
Have you seen other bloggers recommending BlueHost. They are far more expensive with exactly the same features. Checkout how much more affordable A Small Orange is.
|Feature||Bluehost||A Small Orange|
|Monthly Price||$7.95||$3.54||w/ Domain (-$15)||$5.95/mo||$2.30/mo|
2. Click ‘Buy Now’ on the Small Plan. This is the plan I recommend for new bloggers and includes lots of storage space. Ensure the price is correct.
3. Type your domain name in the box, put the extension in the next box and then hit ‘Check’ to ensure it’s available.
4. Untick the ‘Private Registration’ option to save $7. Click ‘Save’ and the domain will be added to checkout and is now free (if you selected annually above).
5. Complete the billing details and add your credit card or paypal details here.
6. Scroll down and ensure the special extras and addons are unticked. Sometimes they will be selected by default. The priority support is a good option to add sometimes if you don’t want to wait a few minutes to speak with someone via phone or live chat.
7. Confirm the price and total amount your going to spend. Below is what you should see if there is no discount code available. Then tick the box to confirm ‘terms & conditions and then hit place order. Enter, ‘THEBLOGCREATOR’ to save 15% on your plan.
8. Once your account is setup (usually just a few minutes), you can login to your account by going to the A Small Orange homepage and clicking ‘Sign In’ at the top right. Your login details will have been emailed to your email address. Be sure to check your spam folder if you haven’t received them within a few minutes.
9. Now that you’ve logged in to your control panel, you can install WordPress, which is the software you will use for your blog. First close any popup windows and then scroll to the bottom and click ‘Softiculous Installer’ and then ‘WordPress Install’
Too Complicated? I will install your blog for free.
10. Now you’ll see the following screen. Select WordPress and then the blue button which says ‘Install.’
11. Now you need to setup the WordPress default settings. Ensure your WordPress blog is setup as below.
12. Enter an admin username and password. You can put anything here. Then add your email address. This is used for forgotten password resets and comment notifications on your blog.
13. You can now add a default theme, don’t worry we can change this later in this tutorial guide. Click ‘Install’
Congratulations you’ve just installed WordPress successfully. If you visit, yourdomain.com you’ll see your WordPress blog has just been installed correctly.
In the next tutorial we’ll look at starting to use WordPress and how to customize your blog to make it more personal.